Valium. General information and advices for use
According to statistics, patients who are prescribed certain drugs(in this case – Valium)often have the same questions.
And in this article we will give answers .
So, what is Valium in general? (It also has a second nomination – Diazepam)
– Diazepam belongs to the class of benzodiazepines. This medicine affects unbalanced brain chemicals that cause anxiety, cramps and muscle spasms.
– Diazepam is used to treat anxiety, nervousness and stress associated with anxiety disorder. The drug is also used to treat certain types of epilepsy and muscle spasms.
The next common question : what should you discuss with your doctor before using this medicine?
– Do not take diazepam if you suffer from narrow-angle glaucoma. Diazepam can worsen your condition.
-Before you start taking the medication, complete medical examination.
– In a case of kidney disease or liver disease – Valium is forbidden for you
– In a case of asthma, bronchitis, emphysema, or other respiratory disease, it is forbidden too.
– If you are more than 65 years old, the chance of side effects of the drug is quite high. You may need a reduced dose of diazepam.
- You will not be able to take diazepam, or you will need a dose adjustment or special supervision during the course of treatment if you suffer from any of the diseases listed above.
The next common question: what is the frequency of taking medication should be and what to do if one treatment is omitted?
- Take the medicine as soon as you remember. Nevertheless, if the time of the next medication is approaching, do not take the missed dose. Do not take a double dose of this medication. It may be dangerous.
Next: What should I do in case of overdosing with the drug?
-In case of a possible overdose, immediately consult a doctor.
-Symptoms of an overdose of diazepam include drowsiness, dizziness, confusion, slow heart rate, difficulty breathing, difficulty walking and speech, a condition similar to alcohol intoxication and loss of consciousness.
When you are prescribed any medication, remember to consult with your doctor immediately! The responsibility for your health is only your worry, and the safety and quality of your health depend on you.